First year of life: an interview with the survivors

Incredibly is been a year since my baby was born! The birthday of my little one was a series of events in which we celebrated her life but also the changes she made in our lifes. That’s why on this blogspot, my husband and I sat down to answer some questions regarding how we survived the first year of life.

First year of life

Dad’s interview

Favorite memory: When she was born she brought a hurricane with her.

#1 baby item: Baby Einstein.

One thing mastered: Quick diaper change.

One thing still needs to be worked on: Making her fall asleep.

One thing you miss before she was here: Quiet time

Best advise received: Sleep when the baby sleeps!

What you wish you would have known before having a baby: How much stuff comes with the baby.

One thing you will do before having another baby: Save more money!

She is your daugther because… She loves music.

Biggest challenge: Babysitting for a full day.

Favorite stage so far: Right now when she is just starting to walk.

One wish for the future: That she will love going to work with Daddy when she can.

Something special: I can see in her eyes that she is going to be Daddy’s girl 100%!

A very loved baby

Mom’s interview

My favorite moment: When the hospital staff gave me my baby it was a very emotional moment. I was able to watch her really close and I was amazed about her little perfect nails. It was incredible to think what a woman can create.

#1 baby article: Baby swing. I haven’t seen a baby yet that doesn’t like swings. It entretains and clams them down. My baby used it until 8 months.

One thing mastered: My reflexes! I am able to jump from one side to another in a microsecond in order to avoid a bump.

One thing I still have to work on: Healthy meals! I am a terrible cook. I do not have problems on serving breakfast, lunch or dinner but I ran out of ideas when is time for a snack.

One thing I miss before she was born: Sleep late.

Best advise received: Enjoy every second because time flies.

Something I would have liked to know before having a baby: I would have saved so much money if someone would have talked to me into cloth diapers.

Something I would do before having another baby: Save money to give birth and a private hospital so I will be able to get pain medicines.

She is mommy’s baby because: she is a drama queen.

Biggest challange: Birth and breastfeeding in every stage.

Favorite stage so far: Between 3-6 months she stopped being so fragile, started being awake for longer times but didn’t move so much!

A wish for the future: That she never is the need of anything.

Something special: Before she was born, I didn’t know there was a place in my heart that was still empty.

My pretty 1 year old

Read also:

The birth: from hell to heaven in 24 hours

5 critical moments while breastfeeding

10 frequent questions about cloth diapers

12 comments for “First year of life: an interview with the survivors

1. October 1, 2018 at 6:23 pm

My kids are 8 and 4 and I have still to master getting them to sleep!! A year old is a big deal, enjoy it all because it only goes faster!

2. October 1, 2018 at 6:29 pm

This is adorable and a wonderful letter to include in their baby book for them to read later. Thanks!

3. kelsi
    October 3, 2018 at 12:38 am

Lol, I also miss sleeping in late. My twins are 9mo and we have yet to master the quick diaper change. Happy birthday to your littles!

4. October 3, 2018 at 6:51 pm

I love this! I miss sleep too. ❤

5. October 3, 2018 at 7:49 pm

So adorable! My boys loved Baby Einstein too! Sierra Beautifully Candid

6. October 4, 2018 at 4:24 pm

So familiar! 🙂 I also would like to answer those questions (as a Mom of two-years old):

My favorite moment: First smiles and babbling 😀 This moment when your Little One isn’t only the sleeping and crying baby, but the human you can already have a contact with. Those eyes while doing this. Simply amazing!

#1 baby article: Toy blocks! It’s one of a few toys my Daughter is able to concern longer than 2 minutes 🙂 Sometimes your Baby can really surpsise you with creativity.

One thing mastered: Traveling alone with baby (with the whole babysitting and its routine). I have developed biceps till today 😀

One thing I still have to work on: Potty training

One thing I miss before she was born: Time for myself after job 🙂

Best advise received: Sleeping when baby sleeps.

Something I would have liked to know before having a baby: The half of gadjets I bought will be useless 😀

Something I would do before having another baby: Saving money and moving to a new home (in Poland we have the same problem in state hospitals btw.)

She is mommy’s baby because: She can’t sit in a peace for more than 2 minutes 😀

Biggest challenge: As an inexperienced Mom – selecting the best solutions from the mountain of advices. Now I have more distance to it 🙂

Favorite stage so far: 4-8 months. Sleeping better and nice contact to each other 🙂 Many new skills.

A wish for the future: I wish her to grow up as healthy, happy, wise and good human. To have good people around and have much strenght to overcome difficulties and make her dreams come true. I hope to be a good support for her 🙂

Something special: Her speaking. She grows up in a bilingual family where Mom speaks Polish and Dad Turkish to her. Currently she’s a bit mixing, but I’m impressed how she understands most of things and learning new words.

Anyone joining me? 🙂

• October 4, 2018 at 4:38 pm

That’s very nice that you took time to do it as well.

7. October 5, 2018 at 3:55 am

Aww it’s so great that you’re documenting all of this! She’s going to love looking back on it!

8. Jen
    October 5, 2018 at 8:11 pm

This is such a fun post! Great idea, mama! Happy Birthday to your baby girl…my little guy also turns one soon 😭

• October 6, 2018 at 4:26 am

Awww!! I know the feeling!

9. October 6, 2018 at 7:01 am

Very heartwarming and a lovely idea to share with your daughter on a significant birthday 16th/18th/21st. I would love to complete of if these interviews with my Husband for our little girls 1st Birthday.

• October 8, 2018 at 4:34 am

You should deffinetely do it!