Breakfast is my favorite meal of the day, but like every other mom I am always running in the mornings preparing to go to work and getting my girl ready for daycare. That means I can never cook that early. Therefore, I have been meal prepping for a while and quiche is one of my favorite recipes. There are thousands of ideas on Pinterest to make a good quiche, but unfortunately many of them are based on superprocessed products. This month I decided to do again the sugar free challenge, which consists of 4 weeks of avoiding ultra-processed products that contain sugar, sausages and alcohol. It was the perfect time to explore new ingredients and make a super healthy no sugar quiche. Try it, you will not regret it!
To make the no sugar crust:
- -1 egg
- -2 and a half tablespoons of cold water
- -1 cup and a half whole wheat flour
- -Half teaspoon of salt
- -10 tablespoons unsalted butter
Prepare the no sugar crust:
- 1. In a bowl beat the egg and cold water and reserve.
- 2. Mix the flour and salt in a separate container
- 3. Cut in butter.
- 4. Add the egg with water mixture and mash by hand until a dough forms.
- 5. Cut the dough in two and form discs.
- 6. Freeze one of the discs for future and reserve the other one for one hour in the refrigerator.
- 7. Transfer the dough to a flat surface and spread with the rolling pin.
- 8.Transfer to a previously greased baking pan.
For the filling of the no sugar quiche:
- -Half chicken breast
- -Onion, chives, coriander, garlic, sweet pepper
- -4 eggs
- -1 cup of milk
- -Half cup of light grated cheese.
Preparing the no sugar quiche:
- 1.Preheat the oven to 425F
- 2. Steam the chicken breast. Use onion, chives, coriander, garlic, sweet pepper, salt and pepper to give flavor.
- 3. Shred the chicken.
- 4. Cut the vegetables (mushrooms, broccoli, sweet pepper).
- 5. In a separate bowl beat the eggs and add the milk.
- 6. Add over the previously prepared crust, the chicken, vegetables, the mixture of eggs and milk and the cheese.
- 7. Place the baking pan on the oven and bake at 425 F for 15 minutes.
- 8. Lower the temperature to 325 F and bake for 20-30 more minutes or until when you prick with a toothpick, it comes out clean.
- 9. Let cool before serving.
- 10. Eat cold or hot, serve with a tablespoon of natural yougrt or a portion of avocado.
I love sleep, because its like a time machine to breakfast
Find out other no sugar recipes
Follow me on Instagram during the challenge!